La vida rustica

The Texas weather decided to cooperate for once and give a beautiful send off to sister with 70 degree temps over the weekend.  Thank you all for the kind wishes for her new endeavor and move and I can't wait to get myself to the Pacific Northwest to frolic away once she gets settled in.  Ryon and I also got to spend some quality time together bonding and trying to get him to shed his scruffy winter coat.  I bought him a slick new blanket that should have "all the ladies coming to the yard"... or really just keep him warm because we're getting down into the 30s again this upcoming week.  How have you all been and how were your weekends?

The house this week is gorgeously grand.  Trying to be rustic but failing, largely because it's ginormous at over 4,500 square feet.  That doesn't mean that I don't like those little rustic touches (check out the cabinet handles in the kitchen).  You all know what a sucker I am for beams in the ceiling and there are fireplaces galore scattered all around the house.  And that pool.  You could pretend you were out in una finca instead of a mansion in Dallas.











Comments

  1. Oh my God, that pool! *swoon* And yes, the beams are killer. But the house is too big for me though. Seriously. Very Texas. :)

    Pacific Northwest visits, uh hmmm... *Portland, cough, cough*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, those two weeks went FAST! I hope all the little details of moving come together for sis. Ryon reay only needs the blanket to keep him warm, he's got the looks and charm to mesmerize the fillies all on his own.
    The house would have to come furnished, I'd go batty if I had to pick out enough furniture to fill it. Or perhaps some helpful friends would lend a hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 70s? That's like summer weather, I hope you enjoyed it! The house is a bit too rustic for my taste but I do like the arch, the library and the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beam ceilings and a library! And while it's big, it still manages to look homey. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beams are gorgeous, and I really like toe color palette too. Something very soothing about it. But that fridge? Over the top! Too much... like much of it really. And who needs that much space? We watched a HHI where a family of four in Trinidad got an 8,000 sq. ft house. Neel was like, "Uh, I could have four houses for that."

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read all weekend (yay to keep my resolution up so far). i'm waiting for the weather to get warmer so i can read on my balcony. that should be fun. hope you have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. there's a little bit of a medieval influence here i think. which is totally fine with the 12 year old in me. i would have loved this house then. and i still love a lot about it now, that living room is amazing!

    and i think i could handle texas weather. it seems like it's always gives into some 70 degree days and i like that. i could handle the rain, the sleet, the snow, if in between it could be 70 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I could definitely imagine living in this house. :)
    Glad your sister had some nice weather for her move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh that pool. i love your taste in houses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these pictures are beautiful, but the fourth one is a stunner! I love the seating. The touches of modern rustic are so appealing, and in a classy way.

    Sending-off family members for a new adventure is always difficult, but I hope you get to frolic away in your sister's new city quite soon! I for one, am sure missing the Texas weather I grew up in. Bipolar as it was, it was still pretty nice compared to this arctic blast I'm continuously freezing here in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, stunning house!!! ps: I hope we get to see some more pics of your new friend!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a freaking amazing home. I keep telling myself that someday I will be able to afford something like this, but I think I may be dreaming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool home, I like many details - and of course the pool..! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure about the rest of the house, but I love the library

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the rooms in this house very much. One of my favorites in fact.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads