Oregon Trail 2014


2014 must be the year of change because my big news of the week is that sissie Siri is moving to Portland next week!  She works for a very large sporting goods company (I'm sure you can guess which) headquartered out of Portland, and while I was in London last week, she interviewed for a new position based at their HQ.  Siri got the offer last week and, as she starts in two weeks, she needed to move immediately.  My poor mother has been crying her eyes out every other day because Siri is flying the nest, again, but truly we are all excited for her and for her new opportunity.  Plus, we'll get to visit Portland, which has been at the top of my list of places to visit for the past five years.

Siri, my little Short Round sister, I will miss you so very much.  I know you'll do great things in Portlandia and look forward to being so very proud of your accomplishments there.  Take care of yourself, don't forget to do your laundry, and Skype mom and dad often.

Comments

  1. WOW! I'm insanely jealous. I'm so restless and desperate to move (and I got Portland on that stupid "Where are you supposed to live" Facebook quiz) and I want to visit Christine. Sob.

    But, really, happy for your family, because change is so good for everyone, bittersweet though it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregon Trail! I was thinking about that when it snowed earlier in the week.

    I hope she has a great experience there--and that there are lots of visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Siri!!!! What a great beginning to the new year for the family, even with your mom crying:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to her! That is great news! I can imagine how much your family will miss her but I hope you can visit her in Portland soon! I want to go there so badly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to your sister! must be an exciting beginning to something new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Portland is on my travel list too, so hopefully your sis will share all the cool places to check out there :-) Congrats on the new job, Siri!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my face hurts because i am smiling so hard right now. i mean i feel so sad for your mom, poor mommy, i can't imagine. as a mom myself i want my kids to go and have a life, yet i never want them to leave me!!! but, i am still smiling because that means we are going to paaaaar-taaaaay - at the bookstore. and anything else you want to do, unless it involves running ;) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your sister! That is so neat! And I think change is great, and a new city even better!

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your sister for the new job. Looking forward to your Portland visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. bless, I hope it goes well for her. My mum has been crying for a bit when my sister left home to work in Bristol.

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's great news. congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to your sister, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That´s great news for her - congrats! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so exciting! I mean it's always hard when there is change. But what a great opportunity for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2014 is the year of good change! I hope she loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best of luck to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  18. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Will I finally meet you? And introduce you to the munchkins?!?

    If your sister needs help moving in, checking stuff out, whatever, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Siri . . . new adventures are always exciting. And Portland . . . my cousin loves living in Portland!

    You know, I would say we'll have to meet up when you visit her sometime, but given the other comments, it looks like you'll not be lacking in people to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads