Siri & Ryon
One couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, picturesque, sunny spring day for the introduction of two of my very favourites to each other.  If y'all remember, I got Ryon right before Siri moved to Portland and in her rush to pack and ship everything, as well as set up the new role, Siri never got a chance to meet the big fur ball before she moved.  Since she was in town for a day, I couldn't let this opportunity pass so we trekked over to the barn last Friday afternoon, much to the chagrin of my mom.  Guys, it was love at first sight.  My sister and I used to ride together, as wee ones, and she doesn't have the timidity or apprehension that most people have toward these large nosy animals.  I also trust Ryon a bit more to behave himself and he was nothing but affectionate toward my little sister.

Me & Ryon telling secrets
Today is also the three month anniversary of Ryon's arrival and the boy is getting cheekier and bolder every day.  But don't worry, that doesn't mean he hasn't outgrown his fear of birds.  It's exasperating and hilarious all at the same time.  His summer coat is fully in now and he gleams and shines, like a penny.  I've already received one offer to buy him (clearly they haven't seen him around birds).  Sadly, his thick tail is starting to thin out and look rather raggedy, so I'm looking at getting some natural oils to prevent breakage.  Yes, I said it, I'm going to condition my horse's mane and tail.  Don't worry, I'm shaking my head at myself as well.  He's had several visitors come see him during his third month and he's starting to look forward to these visits as he gets endless amounts of attention and treats.  The hot summer months are heading straight for us so I'll be interested to see if he still gets as frisky when it's 2,000 degrees outside.  Stay tuned folks!