via here
I was super jazzed to be running on the coastal trails today with my coworker from SF.  The weather was just about perfect for a run - sunny, cool and slightly breezy.  We parked the car near Crissy Field and started jogging.  About 15 feet.  And then, in front of me loomed I-swear-to-god 500 steps.  Which apparently was the first of many.  What I thought would be an easy jog on even trails became a treacherous hike up and down stairs, dodging fallen trees, rocks and avoiding divots that were just looking to twist your ankle.  My lungs burned and I huffed and puffed upward while my coworker hopped up and down the stairs like a jack rabbit with seemingly endless energy.

via here
I now know that this trail is called Batteries to Bluffs in the Presidio and hiked pretty regularly.  But my legs are KILLING me and I can barely stand up.  Who knew that I had to train to go see a Pacific Ocean view in San Francisco but I definitely should have.