A modern coming of age story.  A mystery, a YA novel and two more continuations of beloved series from this summer.  This grouping may not have been the most titillating but, then again, it's had some pretty stiff competition.

My favourite out of this bunch has to be The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict, which I thought was better than any of the books in the Benedict Society series.  The plotline falls away slightly at the end but I think that Trenton Lee Stewart is slowly refining his craft.  I can't wait to see what comes out of him next.  The mystery / thriller The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo was substantial and expertly wove the past and present together.  For some reason though, I couldn't really get into it as much.  Jo Nesbo is an extremely popular Norwegian author so I may need to give his books another shot.

The next few books that I'm currently working on may deserve their own posts, rather than me haphazardly bunching them together and not taking the courtesy to mention more than half the books I read.  I shouldn't cheapen the words that the authors have taken the time and commitment to piece together.  It's not a race to read the MOST books (even though that would be a race I would WIN).  Really though, I should stop thinking like it's a competition.  Right after I finish reading the 30 books I'm working on this week...