As Gilbert Chesterson said quite famously, "White is not a mere absence of colour; it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red, as definite as black."  The row house below, for rent, can be seen as sterile, bare and devoid of colour and life.  And true, this house's smattering colour palette of red, turquoise, brown and grey remind me more of a designer's tumblr page than a livable home .  But you've got to admit, this house has some great bones to work with.  Such as the windows that extend all the way down to the floor, acting as faux doorways and the vaulted ceilings that make the house feel a lot larger than the 1,900 square feet.  Or the European-style kitchen wall that allows you to add whatever size and style of kitchen island you would like.  Give me some interesting textiles and I can easily make this blank canvas into my type of home.  And my type of home, I mean mismatched and full of books and "character."