One of my good buddies caught a cold over the weekend, so to cheer him up, his girlfriend and I baked peanut butter cookies yesterday.  (I also tried to make horchata but that did NOT turn out well at all so there will be no bragging about that experiment today.)  I can't tell you if he felt better after eating the cookies but I know he was able to house quite a few so they must have at least been improving his appetite.

When I read the recipe for these cookies, I did a double take.  No flour?  What the...

Luckily for us (and my gluten-free friends out there), the recipe was correct and these are by far, the easiest cookies I've ever made.  So easy that I memorized the recipe and am going to share it with you guys.

Flourless peanut butter cookies
(Adapted from The Truck Food Cookbook)

Ingredients:
Two cups of peanut butter (We used reduced fat)
Two eggs
One cup of sugar
Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
Half a teaspoon of salt

Mix all of the ingredients together until they're well incorporated.  Then shape into little balls with your hands and place them on an ungreased baking tray, at least one-inch apart.  Flatten them a bit and then, using fork tines, make the criss cross pattern over top.

Pop them in the oven at 350 for 9 - 12 minutes and VOILA, you're done!  Try not to eat them all at once,  just try.

And if these cure you of the common cold, as repayment, you can waft the peanut butter aroma and good karma over my way.