etsy
Hey guys, look!  I'm doing it!

Oh?  What is it I'm doing?

I'm running.  But what's different from this time and the time before?  I am actually enjoying it.  No kidding!  I never ever, not in a bajillion years, thought I would be that person.  The person who is able to stick it out long enough to find a rocking groove at mile two and keep on truckin' after that with a smile on her face.  The person who has run so hard and sweat so much that she's cold afterward.  The person who celebrates the human spirit (and body) by allowing it to do what it has always been able to do.  I just didn't know it.  I am now the person who, instead of running for time or running for a race, is just running because I can.

Yes, I am drinking the Kool-Aid of Born to Run and the Tarahumara.  But I'm believing for the first time that I can do this and, more importantly, that I want to do it.  And it's one of the most ebullient feelings I have had in a long, long time.

Now pardon me while I go soak my body in an ice bath.

PS - You guys have seriously freaked me out with all the pencil stabbing stories you've shared from my last post, it was like an epidemic.  Never using writing implements ever again???