Hello darlings - I hope you had a marvelous weekend.  I spent the weekend with my sister down in Austin and look forward to sharing some of those pictures with you later this week.

The city has grown by leaps and bounds since I was there as a student and even within the past year.  If I were smarter, I would have bought real estate in East and South Austin when I was in college because you now have 2,000 square foot bungalows in those areas selling for close to $1mm.  This little home that I've featured was originally built as a hunting cabin for Texas Governor Coke Stevenson in 1937 and was completely gutted and renovated in 2004.  It now sits smack dab in the middle of the city with a backyard oasis that's really hard to beat.

It only goes to show, I know nothing about investing in real estate and can only look wistfully at the beautiful little gems in Austin.  The rising real estate prices are only making my dream of owning a vacation home there even tougher.  Maybe I will just have to be content with a van down by the river...