Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
I'm more than embarrassed to admit this to you all but the internet is a safe place to tell my secrets, right?  Plus I feel that it's my civic duty to relay my experiences so that you can learn from my mistakes.  Last night, I went to dinner at a certain Italian chain restaurant.  I don't know when I started to think of myself as above dining at chain restaurants but there it is.  But wait, that's not even what I'm ashamed of.  I didn't know until we got there but this certain restaurant offers a BOGO deal on its dining menu.  Meaning: if you order one entree, you may pick a completely separate one, which they will pack up for you directly for you to take home and eat the next day.  They even set the to-go bag by your chair when you receive your 'regular' meal.  No joke.  It's not even a limited time promotion or special - it's part of the regular menu.

How gluttonous are we as a nation that before we even consume our next meal that we start thinking about the one for the next day?  And it isn't like this is a fast food chain.  When did it become customary for upscale casual restaurants to start offering BOGO deals?

I just wanted a regular bowl of spaghetti and meatballs but as an added bonus, I also received a tinfoil container of 'Momma's Lasagna.'  I thought because the restaurant was providing a free entree, the portion size of the one you received at the table would be smaller.  NOPE.  There was so much spaghetti that I had to pack up the rest of my meal that night to take to go as well.  Consequently, I spent today carbo loading and haven't even touched the lasagna yet.

And this is all in advance of the greatest eating holiday of the year.  Because all I need to do is slip into those stretchy pants a few days early and begin practicing my food coma skills.

I need to go on a run.  For the next three days.