Wallet / Keds / Top-knot / Print / Outfit / Socks
Good God Lemon! is what I would constantly hear if tv shows were real life.  The older I get, the more I feel  connected to our favourite Liz Lemon as a person and as a working woman.*  But I'm obviously not the only audience that relates to Liz.  She's a "real" person (as real as you can get on public tv) who is smart, refreshingly honest and also works hard for and cares about people, no matter how weird / lewd / rude.  She carries her team on her back, makes poor decisions and dates the strangest men.  In all of those ways, Liz is a reflection of the best and the worst of all of us and I wanted to take the time to salute her character as one that has made me laugh and also pause when I start to draw real life parallels.  My "A little bit" post today is dedicated to all Liz loves:**

A multi-functional purse / wallet / phone carrier thing.  Because purses are for pansies and women should be able to have multi-purpose tools too

Polka dotted Keds.  Not because she's fashion conscious but because she still has hers from when they were popular from the 80s

A top-knot.  Liz has great terrible hair.  Has anyone noticed how she looks so real with her hair done in a simple pony tail?  I can totally see it - it has been a long day at work, she's put up her hair and now it's time to get to business.  Or you just don't feel like washing your hair that morning.  Either works for me

Awkward social interaction print.  That's self explanatory and I also really like Gemma Correll's work

Man-ish work clothes.  Grey men's cardigan and baggy work pants?  That's Liz (and me) to a tee - comfort above all and at least the clothes smell clean (?)

Nerd socks.  Does anyone else find it weird that all of the socks describe a type of person except for the last one?


*Yes, even more than Monica from Friends
**I couldn't find a public domain image of a sandwich that I thought was Lemon-worthy