According to the Chinese calendar, my poppa (I don't really call him that - I call him Bob but that's not his name either) turns 60 today!  My dad is the original hipster (just look at the picture above) and the rock (and roll) of our family.  He introduced me to quality music, taught me how to change a car battery, encouraged me to read and write and made me the independent, self-reliant woman that I am.  Despite his terrible fashion choices (again, look at the picture above) and his predilection toward Steven Seagal movies, my dad has always steered me right and has always provided the best example of how to be as a person.

He's become a lot more jovial and lighthearted as he's gotten older and I do believe he's getting younger each year.  To health and happiness for each subsequent younger year - love you dad!