Covers from GoodReads
You'd think that it was Halloween by my reading choices for January.  Would it surprise you if I told you that all of those grossly gruesome books were YA?  Yes, The Curse of the Wendigo, The Isle of Blood, Rotters, Inexplicables and The Hangman's Daughter are all written for young adults.  They're filled with squishing and sloshing rotting bodies and monsters that will haunt even the most intrepid late-20s-woman at night.  So I have a nightlight - who doesn't?  If you know some mature teens who like ghouls and creepy crawlies, I recommend any of those.  Just a note: all of the books are written as series except for Rotters.  Make sure you grab the first in the series.

My favourite three in the entire group are Londoners, The Devotion of Suspect X and Mr. Rosenblum Dreams in English.  They're very different from each other - a collection of stories from real Londoners (what a city!), a Japanese murder mystery and a book about belonging and home.  I truly do wish someone did what Craig Taylor did with Londoners for other cities.

I'm hoping to keep the reading up through February.  Let me know what some of your favourite reads for January were.