It has been a real treat seeing all the snowy pictures coming down from the Northeast.  I hope you all stayed safe and warm throughout the weekend.

The featured house this week is a real treat - typically you only see these types of mixed indoor / outdoor spaces in tropical weather, although I suppose that Texas is pretty close to a tropically warm climate most of the year.  Favourite room in the house?  Definitely the kitchen.  It won me over with all that bright light and how it opens up to the outside.  I also quite like the rough hewn slab of wood that acts as the formal dining room table?  I feel like the outdoor spaces in this home really prevent it from becoming too sterile, dressed up and stiff.  Let's gather together on the rooftop deck or around the outdoor fireplace and chat, drink and make merry!