I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  I know a lot of you are getting prepared for Hurricane Sandy.  From one hurricane city to another, please don't do anything foolish and stay safe!

Now speaking of hurricanes, this home in Galveston may be my favourite house out of all that I've ever featured on my blog.  I really do love everything about it - the porches, the proximity to the beach, the interior that really feels so bright and light.  All of the bedrooms are absolutely adorable and I particularly like the den / kids' bedroom with the little built in sleeping nooks.  I may even take that room over the master and its pedestal tub.  The cross breeze must feel wonderful during the hot sticky Texas nights and imagine the parties that you could throw out on that back patio.  I wonder if they'll negotiate down a bit from the $2.1 million listing price (which includes all the furnishings)....