Apologies folks - sorry to do another book post so soon.  It's just that I recently found a couple of really cool things on the interwebs that I didn't want you guys to miss out on.  Before some of you start to get your tea cozies in a tizzy with regards to e-books, I'm asking you to keep an open mind.  I myself prefer real-life-printed-on-paper books but if the below resources can encourage people to read and continue to support writers, then I'm all for it.


Humble eBook Bundle

This is a super neat concept that allows you, the reader, to pay what you'd like for a bundle of eight e-books by Neil Gaiman, Paolo Bacigalupi and Kelly Link, among others.  You name the price and can also split up your payment to go to the authors and/or the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America in whatever way that you'd like.  The books are then delivered to you electronically.  This is a really great way to score some really good books for a pittance as well as support nonprofits, if you'd like.  If interested in purchasing for yourself or as a gift for a lucky someone, please go to humblebundle.com.

FridayReads

FridayReads, or #FridayReads on the twitter machine, is a way of sharing what you're reading with the tens of thousands of participants on the interwebs every Friday.  By tweeting what you are reading every Friday, you are also automatically entered into FridayReads' giveaway.  Following the #FridayReads twitter feed is always really fun and gives me new authors and genres to look into and add to my growing list of books to read.


Girl Genius

I know I may be a lone fan of this genre but there's nothing like a good graphic novel to whisk you away to far off lands and some of them actually tend to stretch your imagination further than if you were presented with words only.  Girl Genius is a comic novel that Phil and Kaja Foglio started back in 2002 and is still going strong today.  It's a steampunky, very cleverly written and illustrated comic about a sassy genius named Agatha Heterodyne.  If the tagline "Adventure, Romance, MAD SCIENCE!" doesn't draw you in, I don't know what will (maybe the fact that Agatha wears glasses?).  You can buy the print version or read it for free on their website.


Note: This is not a sponsored post.  All recommendations, for better or worse, are my own.