Being really hot
|via this shop|
You don't know hot until...
- You've cooked fried eggs on the sidewalk. Literally laid down foil on the sidewalk and cracked eggs on it
- Your younger sister accidentally left a red crayon in the car and ruined the leather forever. Heaven forbid you try to wear white pants and ride in the backseat
- Your legs and butt have been burned by the rivets in your jeans. One evil September evening.
- You change outfits twice a day. Not to look cute but because you sweat through all your clothes. This is when you resort to wearing dri-fit constantly
- You've built an entire underground tunnel system that snakes through downtown so people can avoid going outside during the day to get lunch. Yes, City of Houston, I'm talking about you
- You've skipped out on graduations, birthdays, weddings, festivals, barbecues all because they're held outside from the months of May through September
- You know of animals that have died because they stopped sweating
- You've slept on a bamboo mat on the concrete floor because anything that is fabric is just too darn hot
Stay hydrated, slathered in sunscreen and find yourself a good fan and book. Happy Friday!