I've mentioned before that I work from home and just last week, my business partner arrived in Texas to spend the summer working on our project.  We make our own hours, set our own goals and generally have a grand old time doing it.  It's stressful at times, a different type of stress than my previous finance job, particularly knowing that the entire organization hinges on our efforts - including the possibility of getting paid some day.  However, one of the perks is the ability to shut it down at 3:30 pm and take a break by the pool.  Just a quick dip (for him, a quick nap in the sun) and we're energized and ready to go again but this is unfathomable in a corporate environment.  So is continuing to work after the break in your swimsuit.

It has been fairly difficult for me to adjust to this new schedule and making my own time around work, something that I didn't anticipate would be a problem.  When you work from home, you can't ever really get away from your project - it's lying wait in the next room and a big cloud of grey guilt follows you wherever you go.  But I've learned more about my work habits and preferences in the last three months than I did in the last three years and I'm looking forward to what else I'm going to learn from this endeavour.

Happy Friday and I hope you all get to enjoy a similar view as the one I have from my office!