via here

I did something today that I haven't done in ages.  I mowed a lawn.  In our teenage years, my sister and I dreaded having to mow.  Our parents live in a cul-de-sac and our backyard seemed boundless.  Couple that with the blazing Texas heat and voracious fire ants and we would reluctantly drag our feet out to cut the ever-growing grass.  Since I've moved out of my parents' house, I've only lived in apartment complexes and counted myself lucky to not have a lawn to mow.  But today is Father's Day and should be dad's day off.  And surprisingly, mowing the lawn was actually quite relaxing, if you can ignore the whirring of the motor and the smell of exhaust.  There's something almost Zen-like about carving straight lines into the lawn, plodding along methodically and steadily.  Marching up and down the yard, trailed by the smell of grass clippings, this is definitely one thing that I associate with summertime.

Happy Dad's Day!