Extreme weather

via here
The blog gods must be reading my entries because right after I gloated to everyone about how glorious the weather was in Houston, we had the most extreme weather on Monday.  This morning, I woke up to a pale green sky and, being a tornado-alley born girl, I knew exactly what that foretold.  Over the next few hours, Houston took a pounding of  tornadoes, hail, severe thunderstorms and flash floods.  I was stuck in traffic for over five hours trying to drop my car off to be serviced.  At times, it's okay to have a conservative and safe personality and today it totally paid off.  I saw more cars than I can count think they could drive through the high water and have to get towed out because the owners flooded their engines.  I may have sat idle in the middle of the road for over two hours but at least I didn't have to "float" down the middle of the street and chalk up my vehicle as totaled.  I also asked myself around 20 times why I don't own a truck - must remember for future vehicle purchases.  While taking some back roads to get back to work, I saw blocks of houses under water as well.  I hope everyone in the blogosphere is safe, warm and DRY.  Happy Monday folks!

Comments

  1. Oh man, I can't believe it! We were all over the news today! But that's Texas weather for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that is extreme! keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - hope you´re doing OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry about the bad weather but look at the bright side that Texas needs water...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that's really scary. Glad you're alright. I would totally be a wuss and do as you did, or just hide in the highest tree I could find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised I didn't hear about this! Glad you're okay. Some of the surrounding areas where I live have seen a lot of flooding recently as well (recently as in 2011). Weather's been crazy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on the news on Monday! It's crazy that you had such nice weather just before. I hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads