A little French flair

I can't believe I'm coming on the end of a wonderful holiday and break back at my parents' home.  This was the longest amount of time I've spent with them ever since I graduated from college and it was divine.  It was incredibly relaxing and I was able to unplug from work, which was the most important.  I trust you all had a good time welcoming the new year. 

And what better way to do it but with a new house discovery!  The facade of this home is just too quaint - I love the awning over the front door and the shutters flanking the windows.  The interior is decorated not exactly to my taste - leaning a bit much to a French rustic theme.  But it's definitely roomy enough inside and the kitchen has the perfect design for entertaining.  Plus who can resist those exposed beams that extend from the family room to the kitchen?  You could even add a little herb garden in the side yard, adding a bit of fragrance in the air when you dine al fresco or just sit outside on a cool evening with a glass of wine.







Comments

  1. it's so beautiful, but so very neat! my house, will all the clutter of books and the like, would never look this perfect :)

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great looking house, I really like it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, it looks just like a doll's house! Definitely want to give the interior a bit of a makeover though. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm can I have that kitchen PLEASE?????Oh the things I could do in there! Cooking,kids cooking,homeschooling around that table! I'm totally in love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads