Ma, the meatloaf!

via here
My sister spent the weekend with us and on Saturday night, I made chorizo pork tacos and tonight I cooked meatloaf.  Meatloaf is one of those classic American comfort foods that I never ate in my childhood.  The first time I had it, it was actually my own kitchen experiment in college.  It was so filling, easy to make and cheap that I put it in the regular rotation.  However, cooking regularly is hard!  Buying the ingredients, spending the time and effort and then cleaning up afterwards.  I have so much more appreciation for what my mom did on a regular basis when we were children - a different, healthy meal everyday.  And that was just the feeding part.  So for all you moms out there, kudos to you.  I don't know how you manage the time or have all the energy to do what you do.

Comments

  1. um... so when can I come over for dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that cooking can be a hassle. Sometimes I love it, other times I hate it. I refuse to cook for myself tho. I'm the queen of making little tin foil pockets with a little piece of fish and some veggies. Pop it in the oven and Voila! Dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! LOVE the title of your post. I heard Will Ferrell's voice immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! and my mom totally makes the best meatloaf. i've tried to duplicate it and just can't! i love this classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Moms always had so much variety; I get tired cooking the same rotation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the meatloaf so much! This is such a cool post!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win an amazing dress of your choice up to £200, enter the Zeleb giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love meatloaf - pretty easy and so yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i need to get my moms recipe. she cooked meatloaf for me before i left to come back to PEI. it was sooo good.
    yours looks awesome
    ~laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a pescatarian, but the thing I miss most is meatloaf! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's why we look like crazy, homeless people with yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first go at meatloaf went terribly wrong. I decided to half the recipe. I halved the meat . . . and then promptly forgot my plans for the rest of the ingredients. Meatslosh=not so very good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! The title of this has me cracking up! Love that movie! I've never tried meatloaf before so I'm checking out a recipe for it now! I'm sold on anything that is cheap, filling and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love meatloaf so much. I rarely eat meat anymore, but reading this post is making me want to make meatloaf soo badly. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads