Is it so easy to bring me down?

via here
 It's funny (or really, not) how quickly my mood can change, with the blink of an eye, because of something that someone says about me.  I can become elated, walking on rainbows and floating on pink marshmallows, or deflated, like a kiddie pool forgotten outside in the fall.  With all the mucky, stale brown water to match.  I know I'm supposed to be at the age where I have enough self confidence to take it all with a grain of salt, to know that one statement does not define my worth or my value as a person.  I'm not there yet though.  True, I can brush it off more easily - take in criticism, assess it for what it is and then move on with my life.  But it's the little gnat, constantly buzzing around my face and for now, I can't shake it.

Today I'll take it for what it is.  But tomorrow is a new day and I will start all over again.  I did say this year that I will forgive, particularly myself, more.

Comments

  1. Well you know, they say creative people are moody and that´s what I comfort myself with when I have a mood swing..! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That analogy is quite interesting. It takes moody people to be effective writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you'll ever truly get there, unless you're a psycopath (as the true defintion of the word: lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deception). I believe we're the result of everyone and everything around us. It's a survival instinct to adapt to fit in. Not a weakness. We're human. We care, love, feel, cry, hate.. For us to be touched somehow, good or bad, by what people think is as natural as breathing. And has been neccessary for our survival.

    I have those days when I just sit and look, and think. And I don't get anything done. I feel like shit. I hate people for being people and I feel so selfconscious about everything. And then the next day, I might wake up, look in the mirror, smile and don't care what anybody thinks.

    Btw, you write beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all guilty of this!! Compliments wil always make us feeling amazing, while harsh criticisms will make us second guess ourselves. It's natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree that we all struggle with this, but i think you've got the right attitude to bounce back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree. I was complaining to a friend about how I've been getting some snarky emails lately and how it's been making me sad and she said, "So you get 97 nice emails and 3 mean ones and you totally disregard the nice ones? How does that work?" POINT. This human being stuff is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take everything with a grain of salt and move on. Some days are definitely better than others. At the end of the day, a lot of us are in the same boat, and we've just got to look past it. ONWARDS!!! Hope tomorrow is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's amazing how we can change so quickly... we just have to remember who we are and learn the leave things behind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's perfectly normal to fall into a blue funk now and again . . . the key is not to simmer there. :) Here's hoping today is a bit brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i feel the same way most days, it's crazy how fast a mood can change!
    thanks so much for your comment :)
    xx

    - eyespyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads