Year of the Dragon

Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
Happy Chinese / Lunar New Year!  Good luck, health and prosperity to all!  Did you get your red envelope filled with crisp bills today?  Or did you dole out the cash to younger relatives?  It is the year of the dragon, which means this is my sister AND my dad's year.  This year is also supposed to be a prosperous one, according to Asian people everywhere.  Apparently, it will be a year of financial boon and baby boom!  It is good luck to have children in a dragon year as dragons are seen as auspicious and those who are born in the year of the dragon tend to be brave, innovative and highly driven.  So here's your second chance to start that new year over again and with some dragon-like resolutions.  Mine? 

Don't be afraid of to stoke the fire that burns within.  You may just ignite the world.  (Sorry, sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

Comments

  1. I'm a Dragon since I was born in 88. Guess it's my lucky year ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, too. A few of my friends are going to have babies this year. I will let them know what to expect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Love your resolution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well now i'm excited for my baby to be born in the year of the dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, looking forward to a year with a financial boom.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The year of the dragon" - sounds SO cool and promising! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Now I'm off to stuff my face with dim sum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was born in the year of the dragon. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you too! I've been reading about how prosperous this year is supposed to be- very excited as the year of the rabbit (and I am a rabbit), didn't really do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe that is why i can feel it deep in my soul that this is a good year. hope the dragon brings some of that goodness my way (even if I am a rabbit)! happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope this year will be a year of plenty, in every possible way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a happy new year!!! i was born in a dragon yr too so hopefully this yr will suck less than last yr hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  13. The year of the dragon does sound promising--but I thought the same of last year. Hmmm. . .

    Oh well, all that really matters is it's a NEW year! A happy one, may it be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dragon-like resolution is brilliant. I think this is going to be a very good year, a year for nurturing that fire inside of all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads