I ran away from the rain this weekend, only to have it catch up with me at my parents' home across the state.  But without it, I wouldn't have been able to capture this.  Yeah, that's right.  DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY.  But what does it mean?


I got a long-awaited haircut this weekend as well - first one in more than a year (yes, mom gave her permission).  I won't load pictures of it to show off because, frankly, no one can tell the difference between the before and after.  It remains long, black and wavy.  At least it feels healthier and lighter?  I'm also catching up on the tag I received from the ever-so-lovely Sarah at Le Brouillon De Vie.  So without further ado:

1. What is your current beauty obsession?  I don't actually wear makeup on a daily basis, only for special occasions.  My current beauty obsession is the coconut oil that I just got in this weekend.  I've been smearing that creamy stuff all over my skin and so far, I'm really loving how I smell like a hint of summer.

2. What is the one beauty item you wished you owned?  Hmm, is there an item that makes you look refreshed, energized, skinny, ageless and changes your entire face to look prettier?  Because that's the one I want.

3. What kind of posts are your favourite to write and read?  My absolute favourite posts to write are the "mini" stories that I do.  Those typically strike me in the mornings and I just bang them out and hit publish as quickly as I can.  I'm going to try and be more methodical about it but it's funny when inspiration strikes.  My favourite posts to read are probably ones where bloggers describe a challenge they've encountered and how they've worked around it.  The blogosphere has been a source of inspiration for me from the very beginning and I appreciate that people share their experiences so we can learn from them.

4. What inspired you to become a blogger?  Believe it or not, I actually started blogging in college on Xanga.  Whoa, throw back.  I've been a lifelong diarist so blogging was a natural extension.  Plus, it was a way of amusing both myself and the people who cared to follow my life.  I hoped my blog back then made people laugh or kept them entertained - that's one of my goals for this blog as well.

5. What colour nail polish are you wearing right now?  On my fingers, Baby's Breath by Essie.  On my toes, Coral by RGB.  I don't know why I'm wearing a pale pink on my fingers in the summer.  I know it's a bride or bridesmaid's colour.  I'm weird like that.