Via Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
Part of my whole moving / new place adventure includes outfitting and furnishing an entire living room and kitchen (my pocketbook is shrieking with terror).  I honestly thought I'd enjoy furniture shopping, who wouldn't right?  But somehow, shopping for a sofa has turned into an awkward online dating exercise.*

"Looking for a long-term relationship with a sleek, modern partner with comfort and firmness under its stylish exterior.  Must enjoy cuddling and watching Doctor Who and The Big Bang Theory as well as curling up with a good book and cuppa hot tea.  Should also be welcoming enough to accommodate friends and family."

After reading dozens of online horror stories on sofas from Room & Board, Crate & Barrel and CB2 losing their shape over time, I'm a bit terrified of bringing home a pretty, young thing only to have it turn old, lumpy and saggy.  I've read some reviews where new cushion inserts, the botox of the furniture world, are required after the first few months.  Is it too much to hope for a sofa with some longevity?

Luckily, throughout this entire process I've been receiving good advice, particularly from Jeanine, who has recommended a few options and items for consideration.  I know there are some fabulous design bloggers out there with great taste; what sofa / furniture buying advice you got for a gal?


*Just FYI, shopping for furniture by actually going into brick and mortar stores is the equivalent of Speed Dating