via Society6
I'm taking a slight break on the What I Will (Not) Miss series today to chatter about my little pal J.  If you've been following my blog, you may remember that the little guy was born around this time last year.  He is much much bigger now, starting to walk and coming on his first birthday.  We're throwing him a little shindig next week to celebrate (I don't think he'll really care but the adults will).

Like a lot of you bibliophile bloggers, my love of reading started at a very young age - my toddler pictures were pretty much all either at the zoo or plopped in front of my bookshelf in my room.  J's momma feels the same way I do about reading and the little man gets read to every single night by his parents.  It's never too early to start!  So naturally for his first birthday, he's going to get some books from his Auntie Rooth.  Just thinking about the books I'm going to get him throughout the years gives me goosebumps.  He'll meet curious characters such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar,  Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel and Ferdinand the Bull and be whisked away into far off lands of The Phantom Tollbooth and Narnia.  He'll learn the meaning of friendship with Doctor Dolittle and Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle and vanquish evil adults alongside Matilda and Harry Potter.

Oh the places he'll go and the people he'll meet.  It's a grand new world that he's going to step into and I can't wait to help him along the way.*


*Okay, so I admit right now we're starting with a lot of 'board books' so he won't rip the books to shreds or eat the pages but you gotta start somewhere.